Need 2SD2422 solenoid driver transistor for Mitsubishi ECU

I need a 2SD2422 solenoid driver transistor for a Mitsubishi ECU. I can't find any information on this part. The package is an insulated SOT-186

and the part appears to have a damper diode between C and E. A good transistor measures 0.6V between B-E and B-C on a diode test, so I'm certain that it is not a Darlington, and there appears to be no B-E resistor. FWIW, its base is driven directly by an M1924FP Mitsubishi IC.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 14:32:42 +1100, Franc Zabkar put finger to keyboard and composed:

DatasheetArchive.com suggests the 2SD1415A

as a replacement. It is a Darlington with 5K and 150R emitter resistors, so it probably would measure around 0.6V or 0.7V on a diode test. Maybe I was wrong about the 2SD2422 not being a Darlington. At any rate the 2SD1415A has an integral diode so I think I'll give it a go.

Other sources are suggesting that the M1924FP is probably an M51924FP quad comparator

The two parts have the same power and ground pins, and both have outputs on pins 14 and 13. The max current output of the M51294FP is 20mA.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar