Mouse sensor.

Where can i find a mouse encoder sensor { dual channel , quadrature} ? used in most of the mechanical mouse.

Or What is its part number...i am searching that to make a encoder of my own.

Reply to
_generator

There is no "Part Number" Each mouse manufacturer makes their own sensors.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Reply to
_generator

It is perhaps important to understand, that the sensor, needs to have the offset of the two detectors, 'matching' the spacing of the encoder disk. Hence the detectors are a little less 'generic', than it may seem. Look at the Honeywell HLC2705, which is a complete detector and decoder, for a disk, with a 0.914mm line spacing, and is used in some mice.

Best Wishes

Reply to
Roger Hamlett

If this is for a single unit, or even just a few, why not just buy some mice and use the parts from them? INdeed, depending on your mechanical needs, you may be able to make use of the actual slotted wheels that are an important part of the process. I imagine one can now buy new mouses for five dollars or so if you look around, and I always see them at garage sales and rummage sales for a dollar or so.

They are simply optoisolators (ie an emitter and receiver) in a package that simply has a slot in it for the slotted wheel to fit. But, you need that slotted wheel or something else, because it all works by counting the pulses created when the slotted wheel breaks the light from the receiver in the optoisolator. There are two for each wheel/direction, because while the slots tell how far the mouse has moved, it doesn't say anything about direction. So a second optoisolator is added, and one can tell direction (up or down, left or right) by the waveform out of the optoisolators, one of them leading the other depending on the direction.

If you only need up and down for your project, you'll end up with two from a mouse.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black

"_generator" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com...

You can find similar micro-encoders from ALPS.

Cheers,

--
Robert Lacoste
ALCIOM - The mixed signal experts

The original Macintosh mice didn't have ANY encoder chips, just light sources and phototransistors. The 'quadrature' feature is due to mechanical alignment of slits and pitch of slots in the wheels.

Since mice fail due to cord issues, any dead mouse from the last 20 years is a source of such sensors.

Many modern mice use little scanner chips and have no moving wheels, and the output is more of a digital encoded statement of the state than just a simple set of quadrature signals; Agilent ADNS-2610 is typical of these, and has some amusing uses

see

Reply to
whit3rd