Fuse Replacement

I know very little about the technical side of electronics but I can use a soldering iron. I have two external hard drive cases which use what "appear" to be identical power supplies. Said power supplies reduce the current from 240volts AC to the required supply for the hard drive which is

12volts and 5 volts both at 2A which I assume means 2 amp. The sign beside each is a bar with three dots beneath it which I assume means DC. Although the power supplies look identical and have the same connectors it appears that the wiring to the connectors does not match. I inadvertently plugged the wrong power supply into one of the drive cases and the power supply ceased working. I have opened the case and found that a fuse, which was soldered into the circuit board, has blown. I am quite confident that I could solder a replacement in and I am sure that I can get one in Maplin's (English version of Radio Shack) but I do not know the technical description for the part. Can anybody advise what component I should be asking for please.
--
Keith W
Sunbury on Thames

On Fri, 24 Jul 2009 17:10:52 +0100, "Keith W" put finger to keyboard and composed:

Picofuse? Circuit protector, Semiconductor Fuse, eg ICPN50, ICPF50?

If your hard drive has seen +12V on its +5V rail, then you will possibly find a shorted TVS (transient voltage suppression) diode near its power connector.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Thanks Franc. Now I can go into Maplin's with a chance of making myself understood.

--
Keith W
Sunbury on Thames