max base current of PN2222A?

Anybody know the maximum base current for a PN2222A (jellybean NPN small-signal transistor, TO92 case)?

I can't seem to find it in any of the datasheets I have.

In general, is max base current determined by Pd, or is there another breakdown mechanism at work?

Reply to
Walter Harley

I would hope that it could take the worse case amount. My datasheet listed a min gain of 35 and a max collector current of

800mA. That would give you ~23mA through the BE junction at DC. Although, my datasheet is also lacking in any manufacturer rated data.

Jim

Reply to
James Beck

Philips has Ibm (peak base current) rated at 200mA max on their SMT version. The typical Vbe curves on most data sheets run up to

25mA @ 125°C, with pulsed base current of 50mA for Vce tests (Ic = 500mA, beta = 10).

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany