manufacturers of cell-phone data comm modules?

I've been doing Google searches for an integrated module that interfaces to a cell-phone system for communications. I am a relative newbie with this communications technique and I'm not sure I'm saying it exactly correctly... I'm getting overwhelmed with the different terminology and techniques.

Basically what I'd like is a method of communicating a stand-alone, unattended data collection device with the cell-phone service to communicate the data periodically to a central collection station. I've used point-to-point communications methods in the ISM band before (900MHz and

2.4GHz modules) with a simple serial input/output before. I'm wondering if something similar exists for connection to the network of cell-phone systems.

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA

Dave

Reply to