Cell phone battery charging

I have the car charger and indoor charging cradle to old cell phone (now defunct) and I'd like to use both with my new cell phone. I can modify the connectors easily on the cradle, and same with the car charger I believe (connect to the plates on the bottom of the phone rather than go in through the plug.) But I don't want to risk damage to the new phone battery. (Old and new batteries are LiIon.) Can someone point me to a web page or reference that shows the calculations needed to make sure no damage comes to the new phone battery?

Or possibly its time to make or buy a universal charger? Info on that?

Reply to
Srfr

You need to ensure the voltage and current supplied are the same. Unfortunately, cellphones and exaclty what tehy need vary tremendously, it may well not be safe.

Look for a cheap adaptor on ebay.

--
http://inquisitor.i.am/    |  mailto:inquisitor@i.am |             Ian Stirling.
 Click to see the full signature