Looking for 8255 PPI IC

Does anyone have any of these around? I'm breadboarding a project and was tinkering about using this olde, Intel 8255 programable peripheral interface. Or does anyone know who sells these? thanksEd

Reply to
EN

I think I have a few, condition unknown, from very old motherboards. If you want to buy them, try

-- they may still have them, even if not catalog-listed.

Reply to
mc

I'll take what you got, if resonable. I'm desoldering some ICs from old mobo's right now, to save some $$.

thanks Ed

you

was

Reply to
EN

If unsuccessful, l try this email address. This fellow sells ICs without any minimum orders. snipped-for-privacy@optonline.netREMOVETHIS Remove the REMOVETHIS prior to emailing

Kristy

Reply to
yourtown

Hi, thanks, I'll try it if I can't find any. Ed

was

Reply to
EN

Some 8255A essentially compatibles are still produced and are available from Digikey/Farnell/RS Components etc.: CP82C55A, MSM82C55A-2RS, µPD71055C-10, but they are expensive.

These are all alike except that the Harris/Intersil variety (CP82C55A) will hold the I/O ports to a "1" state after reset, which may be sometimes useful and sometimes annoying.

-- Andy

Reply to
Andy Iakovlev

There are a lot of older chips in the lates Jameco catalog that I've got in my mail just yesterday. Almost all of MCS-80/85 is there as well as 6502,

6800 etc. 8255s are in in several flavors and they are not even expensive...
*  KSI@home    KOI8 Net  < >  The impossible we do immediately.  *
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Sergey Kubushin

expensive...

Someone else said Jameco. I gave them a call and now I got some. Now project time. What kind of project can I make w/ this?

thanks Ed

Reply to
EN

dmm