identify diode

Howdy I have a burnt diode in the power amplification section of a stereo amplifier. It as a typical small glass diode with a band for polarity and no other markings. I have one in the other channel and I get a v drop of .60 volts but need to replace the fried one. HELP!

Thanks

Gary

Reply to
Gary Woodruff

!N914 is pretty much the generic replacement, being a small glass package. However, are you measuring it under amplifier power or just a multimeter ? If the diode is reversed biased and a zener, then the voltage is going to be something different and higher.

GregS

I would shoot for a 1N914 diode..

Reply to
Jamie