Anyone make a current/voltage watt-hour meter with RS-232 output?

I want to impliment a PC-based data logger for my home energy usage by measuring my total current, voltage, and power readings at my main breaker.

I know there are products that do this and have various read-outs and data logging capability.

I don't want a readout, and I don't want data logging capabilities.

Do any modules or devices exist where I can attach a couple of coils to measure current on my 2 hot leads and three wire connections to measure my 2-phase 220 VAC service, and generates numeric data I can read via serial interface by a PC with a time resolution of my choosing?

Reply to
Sum Guy

That might be a good start; you'd need one of the ADE channels, the R8C, and power supply. No ethernet, keep the USB for programming the R8C and it doubles as a serial port.

Reply to
DJ Delorie

ISTR one of the UK magazines running a project but I can't remember which one (Elektor or EPE), or whether it has a 232 I/F.

Presumably there's a kit, or at the very least a PCB.

Reply to
ian field