IC TC5504P

I recently found some old IC's of the type TC5504P. I found out that it's a

4kx1 SRAM of Toshiba which was produced in the eighties, but wasn't able to find any datasheet for this IC. I wrote to Toshiba but they answered that the datasheet is no longer available. Are there any similar datasheets online I could use, or could you give me some information about the usage of this part on another way? Otherwise, how can I figure out the pin connections?

Thanks in advance Thomas

Reply to
Thomas Altenbuchner

it's a

able to

me

I couldn't find anything useful with google.

might have something, but the paper crossref only gives a 65101 for a static mem chip, which is 22 pins.

My old 1984 TI MOS memory data book shows the following crosses for a

4k x 1 mem chip (but nothing for Toshiba)

TI TMS4044 / TMS40L44 AMD AM4044 Intersil IM7141 / IM7141L Nat'l MM2141 Mitsubishi M5T4044 Mostek MK4104 NEC uPD4104 Synertek SY2141 / SY2141L

You should be able to find some info on one of those online. If you can verify that your chips cross to one of the above, but you still can't find a pinout, then email me and I'll try to get you a pic of the manual. Include the word NOSPAM in the subject line. I'm alondra101 hotmail.com. I get an extreme amount of spam at this address, so please obey that rule, and hope I can find yours among all the litter. :-(

Reply to
Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, th

Here's the datasheet:

Piotr

Reply to
Piotr Piatek

Thank you very much!

Thomas

Reply to
Thomas Altenbuchner

it's a

able to

No offense, but I wouldn't download a .zip because it could be infected with a virus. Sorry, but that's the reality of today's nasty malware.

Reply to
Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, th

Are you serious? I cannot imagine how a computer could be infected by saving any file to a disk, or typing PKUNZIP TC5504.ZIP from a DOS prompt.

The archive contains four TIFF images. I believe that opening any file with an image viewer should be safe.

Am I missing something?

Piotr

Reply to
Piotr Piatek

infected

First off, there's nothing to gain and no need to use a .zip if the files are already compressed, as .JPGs and .GIFs are. For line art and print, a lossless compression such as .GIFs give better quality. .JPGs look poor. For multi page documents use .PDF; freePDF is one prog to do this.

And the average PC luser doesn't have a clue as to how to uncompress a .ZIPped file, especially from the command prompt. Our helpdesk lady often has to talk the average PC luser thru the process to get the IP address of the PC: Start | run | cmd

Reply to
Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, th

A single archive file is easier to handle than a bunch of files.

Ok, future documents will be published in adherence to your hints.

I assume a certain level of intelligence from people interested in semiconductor datasheets :)

Piotr

Reply to
Piotr Piatek

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 01:54:27 -0700, "Watson A.Name - \"Watt Sun, the Dark Remover\"" put finger to keyboard and composed:

Can you show me one antivirus program that is unable to detect malware in .zip archives?

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 05:19:16 -0700, "Watson A.Name - \"Watt Sun, the Dark Remover\"" put finger to keyboard and composed:

AFAICS PDFs offer no advantages over any other image format if the document is a scan. In fact PDFs are tedious in this case because one has to wait while Acrobat Reader or some other plugin is launched.

If you are using Windows, then click on the file, select Extract, and specify a destination. I can't see that this would be too hard for anyone watching this group.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

that

wasn't

infected

malware.

At work we use Antigen, and it _removes_any_ .ZIP, sticks a text file in the that says it's removed to protect against viruses. People started finding it was futile to send others a .ZIP thru the email. So that's probably one good reason why the .ZIP has fallen out of favor.

Oh, BTW, _every_ antivirus program can't detect a _new_ virus, in or out of a .ZIP, when it first comes out. Takes an update of the signature file before it can detect it (we've BTDT, GTTS). Is this because the antivirus prog makers don't want to lose their cash cow by making a detector that they don't have to update? I thought that some detectors were "holistic", could detect many variants of a virus. Just not all variants...

Reply to
Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, th

On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 22:37:12 -0700, "Watson A.Name - \"Watt Sun, the Dark Remover\"" put finger to keyboard and composed:

Is this the one?

If so, then the FAQ would suggest that your sys admin is somewhat paranoid:

=================================================================== Q: I read that attacks can be carried out against antivirus software by nesting a large number of zipped files. Does Antigen allow the Administrator to decide how many nested compressed files will be scanned?

A: Yes. Administrators can set the number of allowed nested zipped files. If this number is exceeded, Antigen will delete the file and save a backup copy in the Incidents and Quarantine Database. See "MaxNestedCompressedFile" in the General Options section of the User Guide for more information on this feature.

Q: Can Antigen scan password protected Zip files?

A: No. Antigen cannot access password protected or encrypted file. However, there is a feature that will allow password protected Zip files to be deleted by Antigen. ===================================================================

With respect, asking people to refrain from using ZIPs is like asking the mountain to come to Mohammed.

I'm prepared to accept that a bulletproof holistic approach to unknown viruses is probably unachievable. However, I have a problem with any antivirus product that fails to detect a *known* virus, or a known variant. AFAIK, Kaspersky Labs produce the only product that consistently scores 100% in this regard.

As for hiding viruses in archives, the most effective way would be to avoid known archive types such as ZIPs. Instead, an intelligent attacker could use one of many alternative self-extracting compression formats specifically developed for the purpose. In fact, some AV software doesn't even scan known archives. For example, Grisoft's AVG ignores LZH files. One possible defence against these types of attacks is to execute unknown software in a "sandbox". Finjan is one product that does this.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

ITYM "heuristic".

Mine is EZAntivirus from Computer Associates which claims to to be such.

-- Graham W

PGM-FI page updated, Graphics Tutorial WIMBORNE
Wessex Dorset UK Astro Society's Web pages, Info, Meeting Dates, Sites & Maps Change 'news' to 'sewn' in my Reply address to avoid my spam filter.

Reply to
Graham W

On Mon, 1 Aug 2005 12:14:58 +0100, "Graham W" put finger to keyboard and composed:

I knew that. :-)

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar