ic identification needed

Hello,

Does anyone know manufacturer/type of this small ic, it is used with a (small permanent) magnet to detect open/closed of lid of machine. It is cracked and doesn't work anymore. 3 wires are connected. Please have a look at: http://145.18.160.21/612.jpg The first character appears to be a 'A' and also the number 612 seems complete. I looked at magnetic switches/sensors and hall effect ic's but found nothing appropriate. But if anyone recognizes the brand we are a step further!

Thanks, Mark

Reply to
google

Check out Allegro.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Yeah, you must be right. I already had a look at their website, and they do have a 612, a ATS612LSB/G, but physical appearance is very different and 4 pins instead of three. But I will crawl through the archives now I know the brand for sure (but didn't find it yet)

Thanks, Mark

Reply to
google

It looks to be a hall effect sensor from your description. I expect you could replace it with any generic equivalent. The pins will be power, ground and output (possibly open collector ). You can determine if it needs an open collector output by examining the circuitry it feeds.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

If the product is more than a few years old it might be obsolete, and they probably have a functional replacement.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

On 9 May 2007 04:30:13 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@markjoe.com put finger to keyboard and composed:

FWIW,

have references to an A44E part made by Allegro.

The "E" suffix appears to designate an operating temperature range of

-40°C to +85°C.

Allegro have an A3144E part, but I don't know if it is anything like yours.

This site looks interesting, but I don't understand Chinese:

It has several Hall effect sensors including the A44E, A3144E, and WY44EUA.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar