Identification for onboard switch needed (Receiver Pioneer A-331)

Hello, the source selection on the front panel of the Pioneer A-331 has 6 switches of which 4 are temporary switches (source) and 2 are permanent switches (tape monitor). They have stopped working properly and I was not able to fix the problem with contact spray this time. Now I want to replace them but cannot identify the brand and model.

Take a look at

The footprint on the bottom side is a 2x6 dil -> 12 contact pins. Note that it is not possible to use a random model switch with the same footprint as there is a release mechanism which then would not work anymore. Thats why the blue knobs have the shape they have.

Regards Jens

Reply to
Jens Herrmann

"Jens Herrmann"

** There is no sign of residue on the switches in the pic.

So you used an evaporative contact spray like Freon or IPA.

IME, usually only of short term benefit - if any at all.

Try some WD40 or similar spray lubricant - seriously bet it makes all the switches work again.

... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Yes evaporative, but I had to open the switches to apply it.

I would prefer to replace them as the switch mechanism inside did not look very well.

Jens

Reply to
Jens Herrmann

** Silly, risky thing to do.

WD40 works in seconds with no disassembly.

** You have NOTHING to lose by TRYING my suggestion.

Been working near miracles for me, nearly every day, for 40+ years.

... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Even robbing a salvaged one is problematic as the plastic body of those sort of switches can only take the bare minimum of soldering heat before they start to deform. Can you wire in switches to somewhere that has more space and can take more conventional switches , assuming you cannot find an exact replacement. I've burrowed inside similar switches and I would say they are next to impossible to rebuild, even if you can safely get them apart with their sub-mm parts

Reply to
N_Cook

Have you tried contacting Pioneer's parts department in your area?

--Tim

Reply to
Tim Schwartz

Hey Phil, How does the WD40 go for pots ? I have always thought it was short term and destructive.

Reply to
Rheilly Phoull

** If a squirt of WD40 does not restore good operation - nothing else will.

But be very careful with linear faders as it can dissolve the grease that gives them a nice feel - if possible, open them up and clean the track and wipers with a rag and small brush dipped in WD40.

** Nonsense.

... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

WD40 is known to delaminate pc boards.

Reply to
dave

Digikey or Mouser should have those. I have a bunch on an intercom control panel..They aren't that rare. Half the battle is finding the correct nomenclature.

Reply to
dave

DeOxit Red is what I use for rotary pots. Deoxit Gold for switches and jacks. They make a DeOxit for linear pots, but it often makes things worse. Use a swab with Lubriplate, after careful diassembly and cleaning.

Reply to
dave

going by what looks like broken pcb in that photo, then likely mechanical damage to the switch, chemicals will not remedy that

Reply to
N_Cook

://

Contact for advisor : +91 9177522892

Web Design Hyderabad has a great demand and much more competition, But many of companies are not able to provide good service for customers, The probl em might be because of design quality, not providing dynamic works like con tact form or may be client expecting more work with very low cost.

To work with Web Design in Hyderabad, A designer should more honest with t he client, you have to be explain the work of cost exactly, If not a design er will be struggled one day with client, Every one knows a designer can do any work but it takes time right, We have to cost as per our time

web design companies in hyderabad

Web design history

The Hypertext concept was invented by Ted Nelson in 60s, however it was use d only for some decades after. During 1992 to 1994 other developers started adding up their own bits of HTML codes. HTML 1 tags and the HTML 2 born. A s internet faster now the Web designers are putting more HTML capabilities. In 1995 more HTML tags have appeared and HTMl 3 was born. Now designers ha ve an lot of option to use HTML B tables and style sheets and many more. Th ey also have animated images, and Flash also introduced. It changed the who le landscape of web design from static to dynamic.

The first web site published in the World Wide Web history at sometime in A ugust of 1981. It was some 30 years ago, however the Internet born in the s ixties. It wasn?t fast as today. However it was capable in transferring i nformation from one computer to another. Tim Berners was the first person w ho invented the World Wide Web. Tim Berners is British computer scientist. The First website launched in year 1990. on December 25 1990 with the help of Robert Cailliau and young student at CERN, Tim Berners implemented first successful communication between a Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) patr on and server via Internet.

Reply to
Kalyan Ram

That works, if you don't mind doing it again in about a month. The residual oils left behind by WD-40 seems to turn to sticky gum. Try it yourself. Spray some WD-40 on some glass and let it evaporate. Check the oil after a few weeks of exposure to air. I used some microscope slides with various contact cleaners. Only WD-40 became sticky. Note that the "electrical contact cleaner" term was removed from the WD-40 can at some times in the 1970's. The company also introduced a product designed specifically for contact cleaning, which contains NO oils: If you want to break loose frozen controls, I have no problem using WD-40. However, for contact cleaner, I use something else.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

"Jeff Liebermann= IDIOT "

** Wrong.

** Yawnnnn...

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

** ROTFL !!

It kills cockroaches too.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

** I have a small ( 75ml) can of Caig "DeOxit D100" in the workshop - bought it a few years ago for a price about 10 times that of WD40.

Dammed if I can find a single job it is any good for.

It has almost no penetrating ability and is a poor grease solvent.

WOFTAM.

... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

"Phil Allison" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net:

What about CRC 5-56, how dya reckon it compares with WD-40?

Reply to
Geoff

"Geoff"

** You tell me - sunshine

Almost 40 years ago, I used CRC 2-26 for the same jobs as WD40.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

D100 has no solvents. That is why you can't use it on your greasy electronics.

dave