ETD51 (-030) darlington transistor TO-220 case

Hi, can anyone point me in the direction of a data sheet for this device
please?  Failing that, even some basic data would be useful!

TIA, Chris

Re: ETD51 (-030) darlington transistor TO-220 case

I don't see anything online either.  Is this a repair problem, or do you
have a box of those things and want to know what they're good for?

If it's a repair, I suggest posting a link to the schematic and a
description of what the box does, to sci.electronics.repair--there are a
lot more folks over there who can maybe help.

Good luck!

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Re: ETD51 (-030) darlington transistor TO-220 case

Ok, thanks for the guidance.  For the record, a BU941ZT was suggested as
an alternative (its a motorcycle TCI box) - but I am not sure on what
basis.  Either way, the latter doesn't work whereas the former did - to
some extent :-/

Chris

Re: ETD51 (-030) darlington transistor TO-220 case
Is what you posted ETD51 the correct p/n?  I don't understand the suffix (-030).  All combinations of the p/n string turn up empty (house number?)
My cross ref catalogs the most recent is 2010, provides no crosses either.
What does it do in the ckt?

Re: ETD51 (-030) darlington transistor TO-220 case

ETD51 I think is the generic type whereas ETD51-030 was from a specific
vendor (I think!).  It is used as a driver for the primary of the HT
coil for the spark plug.

I have a datasheet for the BU941ZT which declares it to be an NPN
darlington - I just want to check the ETD51-030 has similar
characteristics and, above all, has the same pinout.

Chris

Site Timeline