ELO Remote OSD key wiring?

Hello, does anyone know what the innards are for the remote OSD controller for ELO touchscreen LCD monitors?

There are four buttons on the case, and a PS2 connector on the cable, and I have only the monitor. I haven't needed to adjust it, but I still want to try it. I'm guessing it might be just a common ground and a wire to each of four buttons, but if anyone knows what's really in there, please post a description.

Reply to
Lostgallifreyan

On Thu, 07 May 2009 15:04:59 -0500, Lostgallifreyan put finger to keyboard and composed:

I can't help with the pinout, but you should be able to discover something about the 6-pin (?) DIN port by measuring the voltages.

One pin will most likely be connected to ground. If the other pins are connected to switches, then they will most probably have pullup resistors connecting to +5V or whatever supply is applicable.

Let's say the pullups are 4K7. With the monitor powered down, you will probably measure 9K4 between any two switch inputs. If you measure

4K7, then one pin must be connected to the supply.

You can find the supply pin by loading each input with a resistor, say

1K. The supply pin's voltage will remain constant whereas the switch pins will droop.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Worked. :) Thanks. At least, I'd already thought of trying probing between pins via a 1K resistor but wanted to put it off till I'd tried to find direct info. The unpowered test across pins found very high values so a powered test works best. I got some responses that show it's not got any complex logic in the remote unit, just buttons. It needs all 6 wires though, my test used an old mouse cable and plug, so I won't have it all till I build one that wires a pin I had no access to. I also found it's safe to connect ground/screen to any of the other wires, it gets appropriate responses, so it's only needed to figure out which is which. Though as far as I can tell, a fifth unlabelled function is provided which might duplicate the chassis-mounted power button beside the mini-DIN socket.

One firm wants $58 for the remote unit! Anyone with an ELO touchscreen monitor minus OSD controller from eBay or elsewhere will find my clumsy post more rewarding than spending their money that way...

Reply to
Lostgallifreyan