Difference between mosfet with and without logic level in inverter???

I am looking for a replacement for AOD444, a n-channel mosfet in an inverter

AOD 444 , vds :60v, vgs:20v, id: 12A

I checked digikey.com, but only 2 similar one are available. They are IPD640N06L G

and

MTD3055VL

They both look similar to AOD 444, but they are logic level.

QUUESTION 1 Will it work if i substitute a mosfet (without logic level ) with another mosfet that has logic level?

Also, i found another similar one ,std12nf06l

The Continuous drain current ID at 25 degree C is the same as aod444. BUT it is smaller than AOD444 at 100 C.

QUUESTION 2 When replacing mosfet, do we have to consider the ID at TC=100 degree?

Reply to
SAUHING LEE

the MTD3055VL seems to be a better Rds(on), than the original which is in your favor... I would go with that one.

The others, I could link to for some reason..

--
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5

lobotomy"

Will the inverter work if the original one had not logic level, and MTD3055VL has logic level?

Reply to
SAUHING LEE

lobotomy"

via the spec's you gave, the original one is a logic level.. It just does not state that. logic level normally means the on state voltage required, which is a low level.

Since both the original and your selected are very close, your the selection is fine, also since this used in a inverter. It's a perfect fit.

--
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

"Daily Thought:

  SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT
  THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.