Condensateurs

Je sais que la question est limite "components".

Merci

Reply to
Look165

la plus basse tension, je voulais dire.

Reply to
Look165

Look165 schrieb:

I assume you'd get more answers here when asking in english...

However, if I understood your question correctly...: Of course you may connect two different capacitors in parallel as long as both are operated within their voltage range, i.e. the voltage must not exceed the lowest voltage rating of these capacitors.

Tilmann

Reply to
Tilmann Reh

Of course !

But what about the relibility ? and what about the repartition of the currents since the ESR of each would be slightly different ?

Sorry for the writing, I'm French.

Reply to
Look165

Look165 schrieb:

La plus basse tension, oui.

DoDi

Reply to
Hans-Peter Diettrich

Look165 schrieb:

Sorry2, je suis Allemand.

DoDi

Reply to
Hans-Peter Diettrich

Reply to
Look165

It's quite common to use 'lytics and a small ceramic in parallel, as the ceramic one will gobble up narrow spikes better because of it's lower resistance. Impulse currents will be a bit higher there, I guess.

Reply to
Johann Klammer

I know and I have used that ( 100uF // with 10nF ceram).

But here the goal is to match a value of capa with my "onboard" components !

I repeat that the problem I could face is with the resulting ESR.

My actual problem is to make 1200uF with 1000//220 of the same manufacturer and of the same series (I know that 1200//220 don't really make 1220 but a little less).

But the ESR will also be somehow in // , what will result ? And if you want to combine this with the parasistic // resistor of the capas...

Reply to
Look165

You are aware that the tolerance of these parts is in the 20% range?

Providing that the circuit's ripple/dropout performance is not objectionable, adding the 220uF part will be non-critical, if the esr of the 1000uF replacement is similar to the original 1200uF part, and their case sizes have similar surface area.

Failure mode of these parts, below 63V, is increasing ESR, evident by increasing ripple and temperature. The 1000uF part will dominate. Electrolytics of the same mfr series and voltage will normally share current proportionally, if not influenced by layout or external heat sources.

Given development in the cap industry, it is usually possible to provide similar or superior substitution at the time of replacement. If this is a new design, you should review the design requirements to identify the dominant parameters. At 50/60hz, esr is seldom dominant.

RL

Reply to
legg