Can you adivce USB to UART signal chip ?

Hi All,

I am connecting to Nokia phone, due to its output is only USB signal, even it can emulate com port at PC side, however, it need USB host ( and driver )

I am implementing on embedded system, I believe you know what I need.

Could you please adivce the sutible chip for me ?

I want as cheap as possible.

Best regards, Boki.

Reply to
Boki

Boki wrote in news:1181580147.092009.52740 @x35g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

You need a USB host controller system with an OS that can enumerate USB, and you can get source or drivers for the platform.

There is no such thing to "convert" a USB device to something else in a simple way.

If it were me, I'd find a phone that has standard RS232 signalling.

Reply to
Gary Tait

On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 09:42:27 -0700, Boki put finger to keyboard and composed:

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

No. These are _slave_ devices. They won't do what is needed here (he needs a USB host chip).

Best Wishes

Reply to
Roger Hamlett

I doubt that this wil do the job for you regards a phone, but have a look through the dats sheets and specs, it may help.

also:

Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
No More Damn Spam:   http://www.wizard-of-oz.com

USB Flash Drive interface for existing products.
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/product.php?productid=16654
Reply to
Don McKenzie

These are complete 'built' assemblies, based on the Vinculum chip, which will do what he wants (the phone is only seen by the PC as a 'comm' device). However the chip alone, is about 1/3rd the price, and he has already asked for something cheaper!...

Best Wishes

Reply to
Roger Hamlett

Hi Roger, second one I listed is the chip itself, and the first one, the module, I gave as an example for him, to enable him to understand what is required.

However the chip alone, is about 1/3rd the price, and he has

yes I know, and I listed the IC, but won't if cost him more than the price of a chip, and devise a means of somehow hooking up to an IC and I/O connectors, and get it running?

reality is, for a one off, you would be lucky to do it cheaper, let alone the time involved it getting it all running.

But if he can, fine! :-)

I gave him all the options to look at in the Vinculum family, and make a judgement based on having the info at his fingertips.

Cheers Don...