I have a question about accelerometer systems. Not having much experience with these things, I don't really have a clue of where to begin looking for something that suits my needs.
Here are the basic requirements of what I am looking for:
- Multiple tri-axial sensors (at least 4, though 8 would be nice).
- Sensitivity of vibrations up to about 1000-5000Hz (more is better).
- Central data acquisition unit.
- Sensors connect to data acquisition unit either with wires or wirelessly (not important which).
- Ability to record data for at least 30 minutes (more is better).
- Should be fairly easy to use (i.e. I would like to be able to mount the sensors, press a "Start" button on the data acquisition unit, and afterwards load the data off a flashcard for analysis on a PC).
- Optionally, the ability to connect to a GPS receiver to acquire UTC timestamps.
Is anything like this available off the shelf? Or would I have to rig up a system myself?
This equipment will be used to study the in-flight vibration characteristics of an airborne geophysical sensor towed by a helicopter.
Any pointers to products or ideas would be much appreciated!
Thanks, Markus Svilans.