Accelerometer data acquisition system

Hello,

I have a question about accelerometer systems. Not having much experience with these things, I don't really have a clue of where to begin looking for something that suits my needs.

Here are the basic requirements of what I am looking for:

  1. Multiple tri-axial sensors (at least 4, though 8 would be nice).
  2. Sensitivity of vibrations up to about 1000-5000Hz (more is better).
  3. Central data acquisition unit.
  4. Sensors connect to data acquisition unit either with wires or wirelessly (not important which).
  5. Ability to record data for at least 30 minutes (more is better).
  6. Should be fairly easy to use (i.e. I would like to be able to mount the sensors, press a "Start" button on the data acquisition unit, and afterwards load the data off a flashcard for analysis on a PC).
  7. Optionally, the ability to connect to a GPS receiver to acquire UTC timestamps.

Is anything like this available off the shelf? Or would I have to rig up a system myself?

This equipment will be used to study the in-flight vibration characteristics of an airborne geophysical sensor towed by a helicopter.

Any pointers to products or ideas would be much appreciated!

Thanks, Markus Svilans.

Reply to
Markus Svilans

Yowza! Talk to the guys at

as they can certainly advise you. Email me for my sales guy's contact info.

Reply to
William P.N. Smith