Latest threads in Electronics Computer-Aided Designshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Arcs for bending on edge
Let's see if I can explain this -- I'm doing a drawing for an aluminum chassis and I want a 90 degree bend exactly on the edge of the material. (062 aluminum) Now, the way it's supposed to be done is...
3
3

Very Basic Question on Protel DXP 7.2
I have been using ORCAD, now forced to switch to an older version of Altium. (Design Explorer 7.2.92) circa 2002. With ORCAD a Netlist is generated in Schematic Capture which is then used by Layout to...
2
2

PSpice and series of capacitors
PSpice get crazy to determine voltages when I have a series of capacitors: After 'googled' a bit, I tried to fix the limitation of floating pin (seems that PSpice can't determine DC voltage in such...
18
18

LT spice 'sprite'?
scad3, Linear Technology spice requires a component to be 'sprited' before it can be rotated on a schematic. What in the world is 'sprited' and how do I 'sprite' a component so that I can rotate it?...
5
5

How to create arched polygon fill in Protel 99SE?
Hi all, I posted this in another group but I'm not getting any useful answers. When this happens it is an indication that I'm trying to do the impossible or it is really basic and I'm overlooking...
2
2

panelization and component text in eagle cad
Hi, When panelizing a board in eagle cad, text on the board will change orientation depending on which way the board is put onto the panel, sometimes putting the text upside down. Is there a way to...

PCB Assembly services, cheap but fast turn
We can supply parts and load PCB for you! Our company is located in Melbourne and the PCB will be loaded overseas. We are qualified supplier of PCB Assembly of many multi-million companies in...
3
3

TSMC 90nm library spice deck
Hello everybody, I needed the spice netlists for the library cells in the TSMC 90nm library. We had approached the cadence vendor for USF but they said they only provide front end files, i.e., .lef...
4
4

Some question on Orcad PCB editor (from an Orcad layout user)
Hi all , for first, if someone have used Orcad Layout too there is a significant improvement in upgrading to PCB editor ? On PCB Editor: - In Layout The spacing violation control (Design Rule...
1
1

gEDA for Windows?
Since quite a while I see a hint here or there that someone wants to compile a Windows version containing some of the gEDA modules. But somehow that seems to always fizzle. Is there a realistic chance...
13
13

CROSS:VLSI Physical Design Automation and Algorithams for VLSI Physical Design Automation
Hello! I was wandering if anyone has this two books from the post title. I've searched to me familiar web and found almost nothing (first 150 pages in pdf of Algorithams for VLSI Physical Design...

trouble with wires in Eagle ?
so i am trying to use Eagle (latest freebie version 4.16r2) to create a small schematic of an old PCB. ( 4 ICs, 5 resistors, 12 buttons, couple diodes/ caps/ ribbon connectors) i added the components...
35
35

gschem Manual Does Not Appear
I am using gEDA for the first time. The gEDA installation I am using is also new. In gschem when I go to Help -> Manual nothing happens. No manual appears. When I select this menu item the line...
1
1

through hole on PCB being represented on the schematic
Does anyone know how to insert a symbol that connects to an i/o pinout (which also compiles to a single through-hole pinout) on the schematic editor in Altium Designer 6? Thanks.
8
8

How to Network a Parallel Port Printer?
I there any simple way to adapt a parallel port printer to a network? I'd like to move a printer to a closet and get it out of the way. ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens | | Analog...
48
48