LT spice 'sprite'?

scad3, Linear Technology spice requires a component to be 'sprited' before it can be rotated on a schematic. What in the world is 'sprited' and how do I 'sprite' a component so that I can rotate it?

Thanks, AL

Reply to
Alfred Lorona

Click on the Move icon and than click on the component you want to rotate.After that rotate component with Ctrl+R. For mirroring component Ctrl+E.

Damir

Reply to
Damir

"Sprites" are graphical objects that are defined by their only memory somewhere and overlaid on top of the regular bitmap that makes up your display -- a mouse cursor is the most obvious example of a sprite (see:

-- for more on sprites).

So all the documentation is telling you is that you need to get the part into a "draggable" (overlaid on the regular desktop) form before you can rotate the part. As the other poster mentioned, moving the component does this.

The program's author probably wrote that documentation and was thinking a little too technically when he did so -- for the average user the description would definitely not be particularly clear!

---Joel

Reply to
Joel Koltner

Interesting. What I'd like is a "sprite" of a schematic I need to copy into PSpice, overlaid on the screen so I can place parts and wires in similar locations.

...Jim Thompson

Jim Thompson a écrit :

the

Go Linux and you can use transparent windows... (no I never used it)

I think .ista can do that too but I don't wish Vista to anybody.

--
Thanks,
Fred.

Windows supported starting in Win2K, I believe, although the regular (Win2K/XP) desktop doesn't have a means of forcing a window to actually turn on the attribute that says, "I'm transparent." However, many video drivers do -- nVidia has various extra controls that I know for certain can, for instance.

Reply to
Joel Koltner