SNR vs SINAD

Given the title, what is the SNR of this newsgroup? How does it compare to the SNR of the technical groups in the general newsgroup community?

Or should I more usefully be asking about the SINAD?

Rick

Reply to
rickman

Actually, I meant to post this to s.e.d, but the s.e.c group gets a lot of the same noise.

Rick

Reply to
rickman

It's actually very high. The low level ankle biting is dwarfed by the occasional peak of brilliance, since power goes as amplitude squared. ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510 USA
+1 845 480 2058

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Really? Care to point me to some of those high power peaks? The ultra low duty cycle might keep the SINAD pretty low after all, but I haven't been here long. Maybe you are talking about stuff that is of the magnitude of a supernova.

Rick

Reply to
rickman