PSpice: Simulation of differential ECL gates

Hi.

I currently simulate digital ECL circuits using ideal parts from "dig_prim.olb". I put a DELAY on each gate's output to simulate the propagation delay. This is important because the propagation delays are in the dimension of a clock cycle.

Is anyone out there who also uses PSpice to simulate ECL circuits? Does anyone know a more appropriate way therefor? Fore example the availability of true ECL models?

Regards, Norbert

Reply to
norbert.notz

Last time I looked there was an ECL library, so, yes, there are true ECL libraries available. I never did that much simulation with them though, although they are included in the digio.lib, and they took great pains (and it was painful!) to make the levels come out right.

Charlie Edmondson Engineering Inc.

Reply to
Charlie E.

Thanks for your response, Charlie.

It looks like the library is actually named "dig_io.lib" in OrCAD 16.

Reply to
norbert.notz

Some of us have our own personalized 10K, 100K plus ECLIPS ;-)

Easy when you roll your own.

...Jim Thompson

The library seems to be "dig_ecl.lib", not "dig_io.lib".

Reply to
norbert.notz

Do you mean ECLinPS? I cannot find (P)Spice models for ECLinPS.

Reply to
norbert.notz

I rolled my own, but I'm in the chip design business ;-)

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | I love to cook with wine Sometimes I even put it in the food

There are IBIS models available from OnSemi:

But as far as I know this format is not supported by PSpice.

Reply to
norbert.notz

PSpice does not support IBIS models.

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | I love to cook with wine Sometimes I even put it in the food

Also, remember, IBIS is purely an I/O model, not any type of form or functionaliity, including internal delays and timing. they are designed for signal integrity purposes, only.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie E.

Yep. In other words, totally useless for anything other than PCB track analysis.

...Jim Thompson

 Think things are bad now?  Wait until Obama "takes care" of you.

In article , To-Email- snipped-for-privacy@My-Web-Site.com says...>

They're useful in designing the opposite end, as well. IOW, "purely I/O models". ;-)

--
  Keith
Reply to