Protel autorouting track width

I setup PCB Rules for larger track widths that apply to six power nets, however the autorouter will not recogonize this and makes all tracks the same narrower width.

What am I doing wrong in the Situs router setup?

Thanks,

Ivan

Reply to
Ivan

Ivan, Your error is in trying to use the Situs router at all. 8^>

How can you expect an essentially free module of software to do something of real value? Depending on your design type, even a Cooper Chyan (Cadence) router may be of limited usefulness but costs more money than DXP's whole suite. In a lot of ways Ivan, I am not kidding. The rules generation and which rules are followed by the router mean that predictable and acceptable results are very unlikely.

--
Sincerely,
Brad Velander

"Ivan"  wrote in message
> I setup PCB Rules for larger track widths that apply to six
power
> nets, however the autorouter will not recogonize this and makes
all
> tracks the same narrower width.
>
> What am I doing wrong in the Situs router setup?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Ivan
Reply to
Brad Velander