Pricing my first PCB layout

Ok. Thanks for you input James.

I suppose you are not including face to face meetings to discuss terms of reference as well as time spent doing revisions. That will add another 12 hours or so.

Sam.

RE: Sam,

Without spending too much time looking at this... my calculator tells me that it would be a 37 Hour job.

This would include everything from start - to deliverable Gerber files

- including all of the associated drawings, etc.

You may be able to get it done in less time - but it certainly should not be over this.

Good Luck.

Regards,

James Jackson Oztronics

Reply to
Sij

Sam,

RE: revisions - Sheesh. You asked for an estimate - I gave you one. NOW, you throw in all sorts of 'extras' to be considered.

I do not think that you can account for every variable... For example... what if there is a snowstorm that cuts power to your neighborhood for a week?

In the case of revisions - I have a clause on the estimate that informs them that when they make changes to a design AFTER layout has started - that the layout drops to an hourly rate - until I get back to where I left off in the design - and then the original estimate kicks back in. (Most engineers understand this.)

Do you really need this much help figuring this out?

Regards,

James Jackson Oztronics

Reply to
James Jackson