OrCAD 10.0 Manual

It's on the CD as a PDF. Might also be available on the website.

...Jim Thompson

Hi, I am looking for the OrCAD 10 manual in english or italian language. Someone can help me?

Bye thanks for the help.

Reply to
Giuseppe Macaluso

I couldn't hazard a guess ;-)

...Jim Thompson

What makes me think he hasn't got the CD ?

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Perhaps he is wondering if they have updated documentation. Orcad/Cadence hasn't gotten around to documenting Layout 10 fully. I'd hazzard a guess that only 20% of the new stuff in version 10 is documented. Probaly too embarassing to document the broken operation of version 10. They would need too many warnings about things they broke. Crappy beta software! It's been a year since the release and they have it barely functional.

Mark

Reply to
qrk

Someone

So, stick with 9.2 you reckon ?

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

FYI - between version 9 and version 10 they drop kicked the original development staff and outsourced it (I talked with one of the orginal development staff who had moved elsewhere). Standard Cadence operating procedure. Their schematic and PCB tools are so low on their priority list that all I see lately is glorified bug fixes.

Reply to
FitzDean

For now, 9.2 is easier, faster, and more predictable to use than 10 for manual routing. They have some improvements in 10 that are nice. I mainly use 10 to check boards with blind vias. 9.2's DRC is broken when it comes to blind and buried vias.

--
Mark
Reply to