Mosfet as switch

I am trying to model a ciruit which includes 2 MOSFETs which work as switches.

Can I use a normal switch instead of the MOSFETs.

thanks

Reply to
ali electronic

It depends. I assume from the question that accurate modelling of the MOSFET's analogue properties is not required, so yes, you could probably use a switch, but personally, I'd still make allowances for the devices turn-on/turn-off times.

--

"What is now proved was once only imagin\'d." - William Blake, 1793.
Reply to

You can. In some cases, it will work fine. You can use a voltage-controlled switch (S) which allows you to add resistance that varies with the input voltage. A simple switch will not include parameters of the MOSFET which could be important to the outcome of your simulation.

Mark

Reply to
qrk