Is someone here using B2 SPICE?

Hi people.

Just curious if someone here uses the B2 SPICE circuit simulator? Is it good?

[]s

-- Chaos Master®, posting from Brazil. "Two of the most famous products of Berkeley are LSD and Unix. I don't think that this is a coincidence." -- Anonymous

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not" - Kurt Cobain

"F*** you, pal. " -- Amy Lee

"STATUS: ELF and ORC signals detected on Tolkien (sp?) Ring network!"

The Evanescen(t/ce) HP:

Chaos Master

I've been using it for ages, since back when they distributed it on floppy disks packaged in their namesake brown paper bags, so I guess I've internalized any quirks it may have. Works fine, good value. There's a new version due out Real Soon Now but new purchases of the current version qualify for a free upgrade to the newer.

They have both a "lite" freeware version and a full-but-time-limited version available for download, so give it a try.

Also a user forum at

where you can get a feel for problems that folks are having and how well their support responds.

--
Rich Webb   Norfolk, VA
Reply to

Rich Webb writes within:

I will try it, I was asking for comments since it's a 30MB download (2 hours on dial-up).

[]s

-- Chaos Master®, posting from Brazil. "Two of the most famous products of Berkeley are LSD and Unix. I don't think that this is a coincidence." -- Anonymous "I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not" - Kurt Cobain "F*** you, pal. " -- Amy Lee

"STATUS: ELF and ORC signals detected on Tolkien (sp?) Ring network!"

The Evanescen(t/ce) HP:

Chaos Master

Arrghhh... Roger that.

AFAIK, pretty much all the modern Spice offerings use the same engine on the back end so the analytical results should be similar.

Their parts database is pretty good (insofar as I've used it). Custom or third-party components should be in Berkely Spice 3 format (not PSpice or Spice 2).

I haven't used it with Eagle but reports seem to be that works well.

The current GUI is OK. It looks like (I haven't seen it live) that's where a lot of the improvement is in the new version.

--
Rich Webb   Norfolk, VA
Reply to

I started out simulating with B2 spicePro and didn't much like it. Sometimes the prgram would just 'hang' for no particular reason. I don't much care for the graphics, either. LT Spice remains the only one I get on well with.

--

"What is now proved was once only imagin\'d." - William Blake, 1793.
Reply to

Indeed. We know.

Kevin Aylward snipped-for-privacy@anasoft.co.uk

SuperSpice, a very affordable Mixed-Mode Windows Simulator with Schematic Capture, Waveform Display, FFT's and Filter Design.

Reply to
Kevin Aylward

Hi Group, (Two cents from an older retired engineer) I'm an old text-based PSPICE user who started using the B2 SPICE because of the self-documenting nature of the Windows product. I've been reasonably happy with it; good value, but a real failing of it is the manual. It comes with this 200 page manual with some crude tutorials, but they just don't properly cover many of the capabilities of the product. Example: I do a lot of filter work where the group delay vs. frequency info is pretty important. I know the product can display Group Delay of a simulated circuit but they never explain or show via example how to do it. With PSPICE you just do a VG(node name) in the Scope display. I used to make many device models in the text- based PSPICE. but have not had any occation to do so with the B2SPICE; so I don't know how difficult it may be.

good?

think

Cobain

Reply to