EDWin2000 Copper pour areas

Hi, is there anyone who can tell me how to connect pcb traces and copper pour areas (in the same net)?

When I place a copper pour area over traces within the same net I expect this area to connect with them, is this not standard practice? If it is, please tell me how to do it.

Best regards, Andreas Eriksson

Reply to
blooddawn

Hello,

If I have well understood : - you have routed your card; - you add a copper pour area, connecting to a specific net; - and your area doesn't connect with existing traces within this net...

I use EdWinXP V1.40 for my projects and here is how I do starting from the same point as above : - I go in Layout editor click on "Route", then on "Autoconnect traces", then on "Autoconnect Net"; - and after that, you have just to click on a trace or pad within your net, answer "YES" to the question "route net?", then answer "NO" to the question "keep already routed connections unchanged?"

That's all, traces and pads within the same net are connected to the copper pour, traces outside copper pour area ar also connected to it....

I hope that will solve your problem.

Just a notice about EdWinXP. Lot of people say it's a awful software..... But I don't think so : I use it now for 2 years, making general electronic projects, and I think that with a little experience, reading the help file or viewing the .avi "How to do..?" mentioned in the help file, this software is pretty good, I can do all what I want. I never saw the bugs (????)

Best regards,

Pat

a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Pat Ard

Dear Pat,

Thanks for your reply, however I can't seem to find these commands "Autoconnect traces" and "Autoconnect net", maybe it EdwinXP only? I've kind of solved the problem by routing a trace, changing layer and add one more segment so that a via is created. This will make the software understand the trace is connected to the copper pour area. But still, I can't route a trace in or out from a copper pour area since the trace's airgap will make cuts into the copper area. Since I found out that it understand that vias are connected to the area, however, this need has diminished.

Regards, Andreas Eriksson

Reply to
blooddawn