Eagle Layout

Hi!

I have some components that need to be spaced closely to each other. I was wondering how I can re-position the name / value text of these components. It seems the name / value of the components are anchored to the position of the component.

Thanks!

Reply to
Ron J

Ron,

First, you will likely get better responses from the Eagle dedicated news groups - eagle.support.eng and eagle.userchat.eng which you can access directly at news.cadsoft.de.

Second, if you use the "Smash" command on the componets after you place them in a schematic or board, you can then move the name and value texts anywhere you want.

--
James T. White
Reply to

http://64.233.179.104/search?q=cache:cMt3ntzmWBoJ:epicis.sxlist.com/techref/com/cadsoftusa/notes.htm+smash+ungroups

Reply to
JeffM

Thanks, James!

I tried searching for Eagle in Google Groups, but I guess it doesn't have it listed. I'm posting via Google.

Reply to
Ron J

You're right. It's not archived there.

The CadSoft newsgroups are VERY valuable for an EAGLE newbie. This is where a real newsreader is handy.

You will need access to Port 119 from yor ISP and a NNTP provider that is worth a damn (perhaps your ISP again).

. . BTW, EAGLE is an initialism for Easily Applicable Graphical Layout Editor and properly is all caps.

Reply to
JeffM

Hi all,

I want to build a board with a DSP, a codec and 4 microphones with a battery supply. I would like to do the schematic using the EAGLE software and this is the first time that I am using EAGLE. I tried do some simple schematic as explained in a online tutorial. And I am using the BF533 and AD1863 codec. so how do Igo about drawing the schematic? I need some guidance regarding the same. I hope to here from you all at the earliest.

Thank you all in advance

shwetha

Reply to
shwetha