AC Sine to Square Wave Converter

Hi,

I'm doing an experiment on the effect of load. Does anyone know what component to put or use so I can convert the Sine wave from the AC outlet to square wave with no changes in frequency? Something that can smear the rising amplitidue to a fixed value and the same in the opposite end. Can some capacitor combination with other components do the trick? Thanks.

emma

Reply to
emma

___ Whats the P-P voltage of the AC and its frequency?

Please describe one cycle of the square wave you want:

0 volts, step sharply to ?V hold for ?wavelengths of incoming AC step sharply to ?V hold for ?wavelengths of incoming AC step sharply to 0V
Reply to
Charles Jean

U.S. electricity.... 110 volts.. 60 hertz...

to 110 volts

I just want the 110 volts 60 hertz line AC to become square waves to test out the behavior of a load. What's the best parameters to use?

emma

Reply to
emma

A sine wave is actually a 'smeared' square wave, not the other way around. Be that as it may, depending on just how 'square' you want it, a cheap non-sine UPS may fit the bill.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Taylor

You really shouldn't mess around with mains voltage electricity. What effect are you trying to observe anyway?

Reply to
CWatters