Component librarys for mini-circuits

Hello Everyone

Anyone on the list know if there are any component librarys for mini- circuits rf mixers like mcl SBL-3 double balanced mixer etc for use with protel I need it for a project for college.

Thanks.

Reply to
spock

I suspect not, although why not give them a call and ask? Mini-Circuits is pretty easy to work with and you often get to talk to a Real Engineer rather than just some marketing droid.

Note that for simulating mixers, while you certainly can do it in "plain old SPICE" (which, to my knowledge, what Protel has), it'll be much faster and be less difficult if you can get your hands on a harmonic balance simulator... they were almost invented with mixer design in mind.

---Joel

Reply to
Joel Koltner

for

It only takes a few minutes to create that sort of thing with the Pulsonix software I use. They only have six pins so it shouldn't take much longer in Protel.

Leon

Reply to
Leon

For six pins I'd agree... but have you ever tried to make a, say, 50 pin dual-row connector using the Pulsonix footprint wizard? It doesn't have an option to put odd pins down one side of the connector and even pins down the other, as far as I can tell. As I recall, the Protel footprint wizard did... it'd be a nice addition to see that show up in Pulsonix as well.

Obligatory plug for Pulsonix: The friendly folks at WestDev sent me back a new DLL to import PADS 2007 footprint libraries within a couple of days of my asking for it (it previously handled PADS 2003 footprints but Mentor changed their library file formats). That's pretty impressive...

---Joel

Reply to
Joel Koltner

couple of toroids and few turns of wire, & maybe some diodes

cant be too complicated to come up with a model

circuits

project for

Reply to
HapticZ

With any half decent PCB CAD package you should be able to quickly make your own !

I run some CAD software I got off ebay and that does it for less than =A320 !

Reply to
Marra

I hope it's not PCBCab21... it's written by a guy who continually spams newsgroups and often poses as someone other than the author giving "independent" advice to people to use it it. He also tends to make a big deal on his web site about the current version being, e.g., the "2008 latest version!" since the software looks a lot like something from the 1980s...

Oh, wait, it's you Marra...

Reply to
Joel Koltner

deal

Pardon ?

No its Seetrax !

Reply to
Marra

g deal

.

Marra

Do you really not realize how the internet works?

1) Look up this email thread via google. 2) Click on your email. 3) Click on "view profile" 4) Your entire newsgroup activity is there for the world to see.

You either talk nerdish stuff about train spotting, pretend you've bought some great cad software on ebay for under 20 quid or pretend that you've written some great CAD program (and are therefore an expert) which you sell on ebay for under 20 quid.

Maybe you have another alter ego where you also complain about MI5 persecution!

Colin

Reply to
colin_toogood

..