circuitmaker 2000 library editing

Hi All In circuitmaker once you have created a new macro for a circuit symbol and given it a major class name etc and it stored in the library how can the major class names or the stored symbol name be edited/renamed/deleted in the library?? Regards Dave

Reply to
david.chadderton

A worked example might be the best way to describe this:

I have a symbol I made called ThickArrow, filed under User Defined>Symbols. I want to change that.

  1. Place it in a new schematic
  2. R-click it and choose Expand Macro
  3. D-click it to get the Edit Macro window
  4. Change name to ArrowThick
  5. Macros>Save Macro
  6. Change minor and/or major class when invited (instructed!) to.
  7. Use Macros>Macro Utilities to do general moving, deleting, etc.

See also the Help, particularly the sections I've arrowed:

Macros menu.Convert ASCII Library Macro circuits:creating Macro Copier Macro devices creating expanding

Reply to
Terry Pinnell

Thanks Terry, the more i play with circuitmaker the more i like it. The way you can get cricuits and pcbs with a very short learning curve. Real handy that it converts autotrax lib's that ive built up over the years. Dave

Reply to
david.chadderton