Circuit Maker, Trasformer

I am trying to simulate a circuit in Circuit Maker which involves a Transformer. But I do not know how I should enter the values for number of Turns of the Transformer

anyone having any Ideas?

Reply to
ali

And coupling.

...Jim Thompson

SPICE (assuming that is what it uses) only knows about inductance.

Leon

Reply to
Leon Heller

Yes, Circuit Maker does use Spice. How do u seprate values in spce when u have more than one value to enter ( possibly a comma, semi colun,..)

thanks for ur answeres

Reply to
ali electronic

If you're working with transformers as voltage converters, as in a familiar mains supply for example, then it's *ratios* that are key.

Simply choose from CM's list of models a transformer with an appropriate primary/secondary turns ratio. D-click and edit it if you want a different ratio. Here's an illustration.

You can also change primary and secondary DC resistance, leakage inductance, and magnetizing inductance if you want. Give your edited subcircuit a new name, as I've done in the example, so that you can use it again quickly in future.

BTW, there's a side issue here that's always irritated me. CM offers two symbols for its transformers. One is symmetrical (as shown top right corner). The other always shows the fewer turns on the left, regardless of the turns ratio, making it always look like a step-up transformer. So I often mirror-flip it, to match my mental picture of a real mains transformer. Of course, the name is then misleading! Or you can choose the 'correct' name (I'd like a 240-to-40 transformer to be called 10TO1), but then you can't flip it as you get the wrong voltage on the secondary!

--
Terry Pinnell
Hobbyist, West Sussex, UK

wr r u entring these seprate vals.

wot is connshn with Trasformer post.

y dont u use q mks and spel out wds bettr to hlp mk ur qs ezr to rd

--
Terry Pinnell
Hobbyist, West Sussex, UK