Cadsoft's Eagle Layout-Editor

If someone licenses only the above and not the Schematic or Autorouter modules are there any caveats or hidden surprises? Do you get the libraries, CAM Processor and just about everything necessary to send off relevant files to a PCB board house? Don't need the Autorouter and the freeware version is good enough for the schematics I'll need.

Reply to
oparr

SXMWendell

I have (over five years) and it does, it's just that it has always been all three modules together. I don't think there's a way to download and use only one module using the freeware license, you get all three.

Reply to
oparr

Yup.

Reply to
JeffM

Thanks!

Reply to
oparr

I suggest to post that same question on the Eagle support forum (news.cadsoft.de). Mostly you'll get a direct answer from Cadsoft staff.

It used to be that you could pick each module and the size of it. So conceivably one could buy a low cost one-page schematics package and the full-blown layout package. Or vice versa in my case since I don't do layouts. But you'll have to check whether that is still the case.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

What you are trying to do is possible. You can do the schematic (a single page!) in the freeware version, switch to the board layout, save the brd file, and continue working with the Standard version. However, you will loose back- and forward annotation, i.e. if something changes in the schematic, it's difficult to keep sch und brd in sync. I wouldn't do it - it's not worth the hassle.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Frank-Christian Krügel

Reply to
Frank-Christian Kruegel