Anyone with HP Officejet Pro K850?

Replaced ink cartridges, cleaned printheads all the way thru level 3 (including pulling them out, cleaning contacts, etc.)

Still crappy _streaked_ color.

Can there be any other problems besides bad printheads?

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | I love to cook with wine Sometimes I even put it in the food

Hear, hear, and then bitching about my Brother printer ... :-)

Did you check the area where they are parked? Sometimes that develops an impressive deposit of crud.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

My wife's printer, INKJET :-( I don't do color ;-)

Talked to my buddy,

. He said not to bother bringing it over, just change the printheads... it _is_ so old I can't remember when I bought it ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Jim Thompson Inscribed thus:

Check very carefully under the print head carriage ! You get a buildup of debris directly under the carriage. Set the printer so that you can remove the cartridges. Turn off the power so the machine doesn't try to move the carriage. Use a folded kitchen wipe (Non Fluffy) and insert it under the print head carriage. Then move the carriage back and forth a few times so that you are wiping it. You may have to use some isopropyl on the wipe to get it all off.

That should sort it for a long while. In my experience its worse with cheaper paper that produces more dust.

HTH

--
Best Regards:
                        Baron.