Latest threads in Electronics Down Undershow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

FBI hijacks Coreflood botnet
FBI hijacks Coreflood botnet Swaps command servers with their own. US authorities claim to have replaced the command and control servers of the Coreflood botnet with their own kit in an effort to...

Cockies in the cable
Cockatoos suspected of breaking Telstra fibre Cockie wanna cable? Telstra has fingered prolific numbers of cockatoos as the potential culprits behind damage to a temporary fibre cable put in place...
42
42

Semi OT: Antenna guy wires & tiled roof
Got a new TV antenna with a 1.5m "mast" that needs 3 guy wires added. I've got a roof with concrete tiles and cant work out how to install the guy wires. I've sussed out the neighbourhood and can' see...
10
10

Power supply information
I need to generate 1500 watts@50v dc linear or switch construction , ideas > schematics please re construction

Batteries........
Might be of interest to some the cheapskates around here.............. or even: Cheers Don... ======================== "Don McKenzie" wrote ohh, Don, i was already wondering where did you hide....i...
3
3

Security camera questions
A mate wants a set of security cameras around his home. I called a mate in the biz and found that the hardware is not badly priced, but the cameras are very expensive. For a high resolution camera...
30
30

FA: more items starting at $0.99
Hi all, I have the following for auction. starting at $0.99 Megger, 500V Insulation Tester & Bridge - 250V Insulation Tester & Bridge - Model 323 True RMS Voltmeter - 4936A Tranmission Impairment Test...
3
3

Altium Limited closing up shop - Altium Designer discontinued
FYI: Altium limited has laid off 60% of their staff and will be closing the australia offices by the end of the month. I don't know were you got that figure. I was one of the xx% and I don't know the...
5
5

Weller heating element problem
Hi all, My Weller soldering iron heater carked it recently (TC208 24v 42w) so after testing found that the heating element was open circuit. This was no big deal, just went to my local industrial...
34
34

Jury rig digital TV antenna
.....new Toshiba 40" LCD TV, but the antenna installer is not due for another week..... What's a Q&D lash up for an antenna? I've got a couple of croc leads hooked to some jumper wire without any...
7
7

Quadrotor teams........
Very clever little gizzmo's. Could have a great future in production , rescue, etc............... Metro

Looking for calibration service in Melbourne
I'm looking for recommendations for a calibration service in Melbourne. We have a Tektronics TDS320 oscilloscope and a Fluke 177 multimeter that we need to have checked. Thanks, Peter TMG? Thanks - I...
3
3

soft start circuit for angle grinder - anyone done one?
Hi, I've got an antique angle grinder which does not have a soft start - as a result the retainer siezes on and it's a right PITA. Knowing modern grinders have softstarts built in, is it possible to...
12
12

Blocking diodes for paralle PV setup
Where do people source these? Or are they not a requirement of modern panels? T.I.A. Terry, it depends........ If the panels are simply in parallel, then no individual diodes are needed, although one...
5
5

Altium (Protel) Moves Global HQ to China
For those who care about such things, the title says it all: Dave. From Taswegia to Sydney to Shanghai. I guess there's a limit to what you can achieve locally. Considering moving there Dave? I had to...
49
49