Latest threads in Electronics Down Undershow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Surprised this doesn't happen more often.
I had Digital TV interference couple weekends ago & am still at a loss as to what it was. I use an internal TV aerial, & noticed the TV signal cycle though form 99% signal strength to 25-30% . The TV...
10
10

[OT] Australian radio amateurs on VLF
The group is nearly dead so; In the current radio amateur LCD; Sounds like fun. The group is nearly dead so; In the current radio amateur LCD; Sounds like fun. The group is nearly dead so; In the...
3
3

Dangers of LI-ion batteries
These things are seriously dangerous, from exploding phones to exploding kids scooters, to exploding vape-cigarettes Texas Man Dies After Vape Pen Explosion Severs Artery to Brain From personal...
2
2

Old-Fashioned 3D TV
Reading a copy of Radio, Television & Hobbies (Electronics Australia) from July 1958 I was surprised to find an article on page 27 describing, along with a couple of 3D glasses techniques that have...

Repurposing LED TV backlights from thrown out kerbside TV's
Considering repurposing backlight LED's from discarded broken TV's into a large LED lamp built into a picture frame & run directly from 240 v AC. Roughly if each LED need 3v to power on , I'd need 80...
18
18

Pretzel Huawei Camera
I can not find the thread, but this seem the most appropriate place to post. the pretzel posted about some super dooper resolution mobile phone from Huawei and receieved a general rebuff. From the...
8
8

anybody here familiar with 3D printers from ALDI/office works?
I have a auto. coffee machine with a busted Gear & was wondering if it was possible to replace the gear by 3D printing it. It is a significant piece as it compresses the ground coffee with plunger...
26
26

variable speed single phase AC capacitor motor
Sounds kind of wrong. However that's what's in my Breezair evaporative Aircon, and it has a short. It is what appears to be a split capacitor motor, 550W. Since the auxiliary winding with the...
1
1

Found elsewhere

High fashion crystal oscillator?
$142.20 Is this the crystal oscillator equivalent of those absurdly expensive speaker cables? Sylvia. Probably a quote error from RS. Exactly the same manufacturer reference (IQD LFPTXO000295) is...
2
2

IBM Model M Keyboard
Anyone tried reassembling these things? I've got an M2 which had the common faulty capacitor problem. Caps replaced and the electronics are now working fine, but after hours of positioning springs and...
7
7

Aldi charger
I have a few Aldi intelligent chargers and they blow up, has anyone else had this problem? The older of the two I can find at the moment has this. the newer has a similar PWN current mode controller...
9
9

current carrying
I am getting befuddled, I asked google about current being constant for a given cable for differing voltages it goes on about tables and derating etc Which I can find for myself. It all started at a...
1
1

Current carrying capacity
No, it is *not* the same at different voltages, not by a long chalk. The voltage drop for a given current at a given length *is* the same. Neglecting the issue of waste heat, this means that the...
1
1

Electric Mushrooms
A bit more complicated than with lemons, but: "Researchers at Stevens Institute of Technology have developed bionic mushrooms that uses graphene to produce electricity. More accurately, the...
1
1