Washing Machine Timer

Hi,

Anyone had experience with washer timers , model is a Whirlpool front loader AWM8121 wont drain/spin . Test sequence indicates control timer is at fault and i was wondering if i should attempt to repair timer or just buy new one.

Problem is occuring 90% of the time . it will work once in every ten or so washes

Steve

Reply to
Steve Butler

get a new timer.

loader

Reply to
crazy frog

I second that. Tried to fix one once - never again. Spend the $30 for a new one and enjoy the 3 hours you just gained.

Reply to
Andrew M

Where do you get them for $30 though? Last time I replaced one (ten years ago), they were asking twice that from wholesaler. Four times as much from manufacturer. Are there cheaper Chinese ones available now maybe?

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

Is it a mechanical timer? My old top loader had a mechanical timer. The springs that the contacts are on can be bent slightly to give more contact pressure. It is an interesting exercise. John

Reply to
Johnnyboy

Not sure havent had time to take it out yet, looks like a bastard of a job They still put mechanical timers in do they? Either way a new one is $258 so i will be doing some troubleshooting on the weekend by the looks Would think it must be micro controlled partly

Steve

Reply to
Steve Butler