Bosch WOH5710 Washing machine

This washer worked fine today, however I had the idea it took a rather long dry spin cycle. During my second laundry load it took the water, but the machine failed to spin, it cycled the rinse periods Ok but it never turned the drum. Looks like the motor or its controls have died. There are too many wires running to the motor to allow me to troubleshoot. Anybody has a suggestion as how to diagnose ?, or could help me to a circuit diagram ?

TIA Bram ...If you want to grow old as a pilot, you have got to know when to push it, and when to back off...(Free to Chuck Yeager)

Reply to
Bram Stolk

Thus spake Bram Stolk:

The timer on a typical washer has many switch contacts which it closes and opens in sequence. These timers are a high-failure item in most washers.

Sounds like the timer isn't energizing a solenoid to engage the spin clutch.

But you're right, you'll need a wiring diagram to see which timer terminal should be energized at that time, to confirm if the timer is failing.

Good luck,

--
DaveC
me@privacy.net

circuit

Most appliances have a circuit daigram tucked away somewhere in the chassis, in a washer look inside the top control panel, usually folded up in a plastic pouch.

Reply to
Michael Ware

Problem solved...Motor brushes ran out of useable length and failed to contact the collector....

"Bram Stolk" schreef in bericht news:43f8f5ac$0$41186$ snipped-for-privacy@news.wanadoo.nl...

Reply to
Bram Stolk

Commutator..

Nice when it's a simple problem like that, too bad they don't have some sort of indicator when it's time to change the brushes, maybe a little mechanical flag that pops up on the back of the motor when the brushes run out of travel.

Reply to
James Sweet