USB Charger

They go for around $30-$40 inc postage on eBay:

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones

RAW mode mostly. That way I can perform the adjustments using other software on the desktop rather than using the camera's conversion and balance software.

Reply to
swanny

Mmmm the product site is down at the moment, but google for a "Qcool OTG"

I got mine with a 60Gig HDD mainly using SD and Memory Sticks with it, pretty damn useful.

Using it as a portable HDD too...

Reply to
jc

I bought it overseas.

I takes "16" card types [Cough], integrated battery which charges off the USB with 2 buttons and a LCD screen to show copy progress etc. I got mine with a plugpack, car socket charger. My sister's one [similar but slightly different model] came with a plugpack and a 4xAA battery holder that you can use to "charge"/supplement the internal battery.

Lasts me for at least 20 copies per charge [20gigs of photos and videos is usually max i can take before getting back at a PC], haven't run down the battery yet.

Reply to
jc

included)

included.

iewItem

That item actually has a current bid of $1.04!!! + $19 postage

But if you can actually get a new one with hard drive for less, then it's even better value, right? I didn't think $200 was all that bad, considering a 1GB CF card cost the same amount, or even more, at the time. Of course memory cards have come down quite a bit, but you still can't get 60MB for a reasonable cost, and I don't/wouldn't shoot anything but RAW.

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

I do hate it when people quote overseas prices without saying so! We don't all go overseas every week. And the cost of postage, currency conversion charges, bank fees etc. adds to the cost otherwise. Not to mention plug packs may even need replacing.

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

I ended up getting a CompactDrive PD70X from

about 18 months ago. There weren't as many models out then as there are now so the choice was limited, but I'm quite happy with it.

Reply to
swanny

Hey look, google shows similar items for $30-60 in Sydney!

If you have to pay much for currency conversion/bank fees, you're with the wrong bank.

Reply to
jc

Undoubtedly, I just wish there was a RIGHT bank! But we got exactly what I expected when the Commonwealth Bank and the state banks were privatised. The exact reason they were established in the first place.

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

Was about to jump in defense of CBA but I just read the international VISA transaction fee increase...gah.

Reply to
jc