Benq LCD monitor FP72G

Hi everyone,

A friend of mine gave me this monitor he bought at a garage sale for next to nothing.

yellow power light at turn on of power point green light when turning on computer, but no image on screen slight flash of white if I turn on and off at power button

Anyone have any ideas as I have NEVER been inside one of these as yet.

Cheers and thanks

Tony..

Reply to
Tony Leathem

Probably a failed backlight inverter - very common. When it is at the point where it should be displaying an image, shine a strong light at a flat angle, onto the screen. If you can see a dim image, then you have no backlight. Could be the inverter board, could be one of the CCFLs loading up the inverter and stopping it. Replacements might be found at

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Check the cap(s) in the power supply - I have an oldish Samsung 18" screen where the only fault was the main (big) cap had died.

Reply to
Poxy

18"?

Never saw an 18" :)

Reply to
Meat Plow

NEC 1810 (P.O.S.) Inverter is about as reliable as a Yugo.

Reply to
JW

Maybe Yugo made it?

Reply to
Meat Plow

Reply to
DJMick

yeah, i have seen a few of these wee beasies. Change all of the 1000 uF capacitors near the inverters, even if only one is bulging.

Also check:- the two drive transistors on each inverter, if one has gone bad then it will stop the monitor in the way you describe.

regards, -A

Reply to
conundrum

Most likely shorted on or two transistors on inverter PCB due to bad solder on transformers in inverter.

Rudolf

Reply to
Rudolf