Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary
- Posted on
- Speaker drivers to replace computer speakers
- Gregory Toomey
May 14, 2005, 3:48 am
rate this thread
Can someone suggest a speaker driver, with good dynamic range, suitable for
an AKAI 1980s vintage amp.
Budget $60-$80 for 2 drivers that can be directly connected, don't want to
do a crossover.
I want to replace a set of cheap computer speakers, and get better sound
than speakers found in computer shops.
Re: Speaker drivers to replace computer speakers
**They may be difficult to obtain (and you don't mention driver size, BTW),
but one of the best cheap drivers is made by Aura. It is a twin cone, 100mm
driver. What makes it very different to most others, is it's use of
Neodymium magnets. I replaced my Sony TV set speaker with one and picked up
significant improvements in bass response, efficiency, HF performance and
smoothness. I will see if I can still lay my hands on some. They were about
- » Replacing NiCd batteries in an obsolete Uniden UH-052XR radio?
- — Last Updated thread in » Electronics Down Under
- » Are there any ST 32F417 / Cube IDE / STLINK / C developers on here?
- — The site's Last Updated Thread. Posted in » Embedded Programming