Schematics for HP/Compak NX9110 Notebook Main Board

Don't know about English made, but the Programmer's Reference Guide for my C64 had a schematic in the back. mike

Reply to
mike

What do you see when you look at the outputs of the supplies with a scope?

First thing I'd try is to bridge a big cap at each of the voltage outputs. Designers are expecting too much out of filter caps these days. They go open and the first pulse out of the switch overvoltages the system. Since there are multiple feedback and control paths, it's not always easy to see.

I have a HP LCD monitor with an open cap. The power supply put out

20V spikes on the 5V line as part of the shutdown cycle. Fixing the cap fixed the supply, but the control processor has taken offense and died. mike
Reply to
mike