Device for monitoring UPSes..

Hi there..

We have some very large, very, very expensive Hayley Industrial Electronics UPSes... Amazingly these UPSes have NO method of us getting telemetry off of them as they exist now! They only indicators we have are the analogue guages on the front. These guages measure the load in Amps, Voltage, and frequency. We'd like to measure the following conditions within the UPSes, and either have that information accessible via a serial device or on the network (Items with a * are available on the analogue guages):

- Input voltage

- Input Cycles

- Cabinet operating temperature

- Battery plant operating temperature

- Battery plant voltage level

- *Output Voltage

- *Output Amps

- *Output Cycles

If anyone knows of anything we can use for this purpose, I would appreciate any input... Thanks!

Regards, Richard.

Reply to
Richard Whittaker

For any one of the above, you could use an external device such as a voltmeter. There are some models that have either a GPIB interface, or built in Ethernet. An external ammeter could also measure current. I don't know about measuring cycles per second. That requires a more costly instrument such as a digital oscilloscope/signal analyzer.

To use one instrument to measure all of the above is difficult. It would require some kind of switch to measure different input sources.

Some sites that might have more information on such matters are:

There is a considerable market for industrial control and remote sensing equipment. That might be worth investigating as well.

Aidan Grey

Reply to
Aidan Grey