SA Greenies - Page 3

Re: SA Greenies

----snip----

I don't know this for a fact, but I read somewwhere (ages ago) that
those turbines are efficient because they're built using materials
that make for building the strongest magnets possible, and that
those materials are rare earths, which are energy intensive in
mining, refining, and manufacture; IOW, those turbines have a
very large carvon footprint.

----snip----

That sounds so bad that I think we should try it, just to be sure.

----snip----

If the Laborals were to manage the economy responsibly, asset sales
would not be required for balancing the budget.

Asset sales have two very serious consequences: first, they immediately
and permanently reduce government revenue (and usually also immediately
and permanently increase government costs); second, they diminish our
national asset base; sooner or later there'll be nothing left to sell;
what then?

Ned

Re: SA Greenies

That's about *energy* payback, not CO2. The only mention of CO2 that
I saw is that they have essentially zero emissions, which is true,
but not the point I addressed.

My concern with them is the large carbon footprint (not the energy
consumption) of mining, refining, and manufacture. The energy cost
and the carbon emissions are related, but the devil is in *how*
they're related. And because no-one talks about this point, I'm
suspicious about it.

One pill makes you larger and one pill makes you small
And the ones that mother gives you don't do anything at all
Go ask Alice when she's ten feet tall

And if you go chasing rabbits and you know you're going to fall
Tell 'em a hookah-smoking caterpillar gas given you the call
Call Alice when she was just small

When the men on the chessboard get up and tell you where to go
And you've just had some kind of mushroom and your mind is moving low
Go ask Alice I think she'll know

When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead
And the White Knight is talking backwards and the Red Queen's off her head
Remember what the dormouse said
Feed your head
Feed your head

I think it's also criminal: they tell us that this country's a
democracy. If that's true, there's no such thing as "government
property": it's ours; without our permission, what they're doing
is theft, and the buyers are receivers of stolen goods.

And how about this? QANTAS was a magnificent cash cow for decades:
milions of dollars every year into consolidated revenue; then Keating
sold it. Similarly the Commonwealth Bank (Hawke was PM at the start of
th proces, but Keating was the Treasurer, and carried it forward and
completed it after he became PM). How the fuck was he able to tout
himself as "the greatest treasurer in the world" and still keep a
straight face?

Ned

Re: SA Greenies
Trevor Wilson wrote:

----snip----

Fuck me, that's a good idea!

----snip----

Ned

Re: SA Greenies

Forgot the Rat link
<http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2013/08/australian-cats-and-foxes-may-not-deserve-their-bad-rep
  https://is.gd/RoXaoU
Foxes and feral cats are wildly unpopular among Australian
conservationists. The two animals are infamous for killing off the

government-backed eradication campaigns.

But new research suggests that on Australian islands, these predators
help control an even more destructive one: the black rat. As a result,
eliminating cats and foxes could actually leave native mammals more
vulnerable to predation, competition, and ultimately extinction.
--
Petzl

Right now it's about the force of Sharia law verses our Australian
Re: Cats

Off the top of my head kookaburras, blue tongued lizards, snakes,
rosellas, cockatoos, seagulls, pelicans, possums, also huntsman,
cross, funnel-web, and redback spiders, and those are just the
ones that got in my way and I kind-of recognised.

Re: Cats

There's also a very nasty exotic species that cats interact with
in suburbia: feral cats.

Ned

Re: Cats

Echidnas too.  We had one when we lived in a suburb in Canberra.  I was
amazed given how rarely I've sighted them in my whole life.

Re: Cats

You forgot Bogans and Aboriginals.

Re: Cats

Pretty much a lowlife act to a neighbor.
Cats are four legs and belly, of course if they smell tuna or salmon
they are going to work out how to get it
--
Petzl
Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives.

He's playing with fire if he actually does as he claims here. He's
(apparently) blissfully unaware of how much a cat can be a dearly
loved family member. He better hope the wrong kind of person/victim
doesn't become aware of his activities because I know what I'd do to
Trevor had he done this to one of my girls.

Re: Cats

No mention or survey mentioned the greater killing of birds by rats,
The greatest threat is "flying rats" (Indian Myna)
<http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2013/08/australian-cats-and-foxes-may-not-deserve-their-bad-rep
 Indian Myma's,
https://is.gd/ostEIQ
Noisy Miners
<http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-12-14/native-noisy-miners-cause-more-damage-than-introduced-species/5964328

This clown is mixed up, next he will blame CO2 emissions for climate
when it is known the Earth is moving on it's axis!
The North Pole is heading to London
<http://klimatsans.com/2017/02/05/klimatfragan-grundad-pa-vetenskap-eller-dogm/
English
https://is.gd/NzPGOu

Petzl
What perfect set of circumstances placed our Sun a Celestial ball of fire at just the correct distance from our little blue planet for life to evolve?
Re: Cats

Hey Fran I shoot then as well also starlings

Re: Cats

If they're on your property, then I can't see a problem with that.  It's
probably like it is round here for dogs, "shoot and shut up".  But I do
trap feral cats and take them to the pound as shooting the would not be
possible.

Re: Cats

well no, that's backwards.

https://www.pri.org/stories/2016-05-04/melting-ice-causing-earths-axis-shift-direction

Re: Cats

No connection to CO2 emissions.
I noticed the earths tilting years ago caused by the export of iron
ore from southern hemisphere to northern.
Once heating occurs further "unbalancing" occurs