SA Greenies

Part of the problem yesterday was that people were coming home to hot houses, and turning on the air-conditioning and other power consuming appliances, just at the time solar panels were ceasing output as the sun went down.

Sylvia

Reply to
Sylvia Else

In Sydney wasn't a problem. Now at 8pm it's still hot but cooler so Solar is not helping but air-con will be less taxing on Grid

--
Petzl
Reply to

As it turned out, because the load was moderately lower than AEMO predicted, possibly because people took the trouble to reduce their load a bit.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

Yep. And that should be obvious to anyone, but then it was Petz commenting.

Reply to
Fran Snortilus

Or happened at a time when Solar kicked in

--
Petzl
 We are advised to NOT judge ALL Moslems by the actions of a few lunatics, but we are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics.

When people got home it was AFTER peak demand and cooler but still hot weather around. Meaning air-con was more efficient using les power.

--
Petzl
Says a Liberal card carrying *SHILL*!

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason
 is like administering medicine to the dead.
Reply to
Petzl

Right and showing more promise all the time.

--
Petzl
Says a Liberal card carrying *SHILL*!
"FRAN" the Shill"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shill#Marketing

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason
 is like administering medicine to the dead.
Reply to
Petzl

LOL.

Really. I did.

Ned

Reply to
Ned Latham

----snip----

No, he's right, Petzl. The nearest think we have to clean coal is coke, which is coal from which all the hydrocarbons have been boiled away. But it's not used as a fuel anyway; its major use is in steel manufacture, which requires pure carbon to make the alloy. The hydrocarbons are often wasted (simply burnt off, which is highly polluting), but they can be collected and used. You can manufacture, for example, a petrol substitute.

That's essentially a coal industry myth. Yes, it's absolutely certain that they can significantly clean up their act, but they're starting from an extremely dirty base, and nothing will change the fact that burning catbon produces carbon monoxide, which is toxic, and carbon dioxide, which is a greenhouse gas.

----snip----

Ned

Reply to
Ned Latham

I don't know this for a fact, but I read somewwhere (ages ago) that those turbines are efficient because they're built using materials that make for building the strongest magnets possible, and that those materials are rare earths, which are energy intensive in mining, refining, and manufacture; IOW, those turbines have a very large carvon footprint.

----snip----

That sounds so bad that I think we should try it, just to be sure.

----snip----

If the Laborals were to manage the economy responsibly, asset sales would not be required for balancing the budget.

Asset sales have two very serious consequences: first, they immediately and permanently reduce government revenue (and usually also immediately and permanently increase government costs); second, they diminish our national asset base; sooner or later there'll be nothing left to sell; what then?

Ned

Reply to
Ned Latham

Even Australia are experimenting with the process called "oxyfuel coal combustion process"

--
Petzl
Reply to

The thing is, as I said, nothing will change the fact that burning carbon produces carbon monoxide, which is toxic, and carbon dioxide, which is a greenhouse gas.

All they can do is make it, as Trevor said, slightly less dirty. It's not good enough.

There's another reason we should eschew the burning of coal: like oil, it's a fossil product, and burning it destroys it forever. OTOH, like oil, it is already the basis of many types of manufactured product. That can expand greatly, and the products cam be made recyclable.

Ned

Reply to
Ned Latham

----snip----

Fuck me, that's a good idea!

----snip----

Ned

Reply to
Ned Latham

Yes Australian coal miners get away with murder in not treating their "coal wash"

But working oxyfuel coal fired power station in Germany USA and other places have zero CO2 atmospheric emissions. When working as designed

(they pump what little they make underground called recapture as liquid CO2) Diagram

--
Petzl
In 2009, Buzz Aldrin commented on climate change by saying:

Forgot the Rat link

Foxes and feral cats are wildly unpopular among Australian conservationists. The two animals are infamous for killing off the

government-backed eradication campaigns.

But new research suggests that on Australian islands, these predators help control an even more destructive one: the black rat. As a result, eliminating cats and foxes could actually leave native mammals more vulnerable to predation, competition, and ultimately extinction.

-- Petzl

Right now it's about the force of Sharia law verses our Australian constitution.

It's not about our neighbors it's not about prayer, is not about freedom of religion, it's about Sharia law verses our constitution.

We need to shift the narrative take the remote away and say we're not going to watch that channel anymore

We're going to watch this channel, this is the Australian Constitution channel right there and stand on that.

If we evaluate everything on that basis including upcoming elections ask yourself who is more likely to stand up for the values of our Australian Constitution.

That's the basis you should use in evaluating not only unconstitutional political parties, but every other part of our society

We need to have a secular revival and go back to the Australian constitution as in a matter of fact we need to have a spiritual revival to upgrade our only integrity

Reply to
Petzl

Off the top of my head kookaburras, blue tongued lizards, snakes, rosellas, cockatoos, seagulls, pelicans, possums, also huntsman, cross, funnel-web, and redback spiders, and those are just the ones that got in my way and I kind-of recognised.

Jasen Betts

You lieing liar, it makes Two to Three tons of CO2 for every ton of coal how can that be "little".

Jasen Betts

----snip----

"They" being journalists, "reporting" on scientsts.

Where are the scientists themselves?

Practise what you preach.

Ned

Reply to
Ned Latham

So you're a cat person, Felix? Or is it Felix?

Calling all Felices...

Reply to
Ned Latham

There's also a very nasty exotic species that cats interact with in suburbia: feral cats.

Ned

Reply to
Ned Latham