S-Video cabling

What's the maximum distance an S-video cable can run and what's the best
type of cabling to use?
For my church I want to run an S-video feed to one of the FOH
projectors, currently we have a composite feed running on a nice 30m
length of quality shielded coax but really need to upgrade to using an
S-video feed because the quality on that size screen isn't looking that
nice.
Reply to
bill
"bill"
** Regular S-Video cable should be OK to a couple of hundred metres.
Any good 75 ohm co-ax is fine.
** Piece of cake.
........ Phil
Reply to
Phil Allison
Since when was Svideo using coax ? .
I thought it is a 4 core shielded cable .
I do not know the impedance but google is your friend
projectors,
quality
because
Reply to
FruitLoop
use at a minimum RG6 quad or better should work assuming your construction/ crimps is up to scratch
Reply to
atec
"FruitLoop"
** Since it began.
** Nope - twin 75 ohm co-ax.
....... Phil
Reply to
Phil Allison
30m should be no problem - in fact you could just run another length of the same coax and terminate each end with S-Video plug to 2 x RCA adapters. You should try to make the 2 runs as close to the same length as possible.
Reply to
Poxy
I wonder if a video transmitter/receiver would be better?
Reply to
David
Most only do composite, and fairly poorly at that. If you can run cable, you'll always get a better result (read: been there, tried that).
Reply to
Poxy