Re: Turning an CD Rom drive into a CD player

Franc Zabkar wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Thank you. May be I can get it from Prime electronics?

Reply to
The Doctor

On Tue, 09 Sep 2008 19:25:42 GMT, The Doctor put finger to keyboard and composed:

If you mean the ATMEGA8515, then apparently not. At least it didn't show up in a search of their site.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Jaycar seems to stock them.

Tom

Reply to
Tom

Tom wrote in news:48c70587$0$32010$5a62ac22@per-qv1- newsreader-01.iinet.net.au:

Yeah, I saw them in Jaycar's catalog for $65. A bit expensive. I rang them asking if I can just buy the board but they say no. I thought may be I can get some of the components from an old P3 (no longer works). The kit has a few things like infrared remote controls that I don't really need. The main thing is how I can implement the finite-state engine to get the CD ROM playing the CD. I also have an old (APPLE ][+) power supply that I can just plug into the power input socket of the CD ROM.

Reply to
The Doctor