Re; Retailers wanting GST on imports. - Campaign against this (link here)

Considering the recent publicity that Get Up has had with Wikileaks, I decided to look on their webpage and sure enough there is a proposed campaign against these greedy retailers that might be of interest if people here want to get behind it.

kreed

Great thought, and worth backing, but I'll almost bet nothing happens on the selected dates.

I am feeling that it will all blow over, and ring leader Gerry Harvey will end up with egg on his face.

Me, I won't be going near his stores. I thought very highly of Gerry in the past, but I cringe when I see him now. He got himself nicely stuck in the 20th century, and needs to "move forward" ( :-) ) before the tide turns against him.

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
Web Camera Page:     http://www.dontronics.com/webcam
No More Damn Spam:   http://www.dontronics.com/spam

These products will reduce in price by 5% every month:
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/minus-5-every-month.html
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/ics.html
Reply to
Don McKenzie

here is a well written article, written only today and it has already attracted

484 comments.

I got to about 100 and gave up. I think there was 1 comment with support for Gerry and friends.

That about covers it :-)

Cheers Don...

-- Don McKenzie

Site Map:

E-Mail Contact Page:
Web Camera Page:
No More Damn Spam:

These products will reduce in price by 5% every month:

Don McKenzie

I also hope he ends up, I have a small beef also.(apart from the major one,GST) He has a discount place at grandville near super cheap auto, there is not enough parking and he monopolizes two spots outside his entrance for no purpose except (they say)to carry things out, (I have never seen the spaces used)They just have those boards on a frames like they use on roads blocking the cars. They have a loading dock which they used to use which means their excuse is rubbish. I wish I could find his personal email address.

Reply to
F Murtz

He's such a dinosaur that he didnt read any email.

Reply to
Rod Speed

If I find it, I'll chisel it down, and tom tom drum it to this thread.

Go Gerry.............................

Quote from the comments: Now Showing: The End of the Retail Giants! Starring Gerry Harvey as the dinosaur, and the internet as the Asteroid.

25% off tickets if booked online! Chaughlie | Mosman - January 05, 2011, 11:22AM

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
Web Camera Page:     http://www.dontronics.com/webcam
No More Damn Spam:   http://www.dontronics.com/spam

These products will reduce in price by 5% every month:
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/minus-5-every-month.html
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/ics.html
Reply to
Don McKenzie

That first comment breaks me up - the fatter the pig the louder the squeal.

Ha Ha Ha , top stuff :-)

Good one Don

Reply to
me here

**Harvey is a conundrum, to be sure. He took a pay cut last year, due to poor performance of the group. That has to be a first amongst the fat cats.
--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Trevor Wilson wrote

He's a fool.

He's so stinking rich he doesnt need his pay.

Nope, its happened before. Even with a bank or two too.

Reply to
Rod Speed

mark krawczuk wrote

a year...

His pay is nothing like that, even before the pay cut.

Rod Speed

yeah a pay cut from 200 million dollars a year . to 199.8 million dollars a year...

mark krawczuk

You'll be flat out trying to find a shop which doesn't think all the same taxes shouldn't apply to overseas traders, if we are to have a 'level playing field'.

Reply to
jg

We have a "level playing feild", the freight we pay is more than 10% of the purchase cost. The problem is Gerry the DH wants it tilted, only his way of course.

Reply to
SG1

The freight who pays? Retailers have all sorts of other trading advantages and disadvantages compared with online and overseas vendors and individual purchasers, but this is about GST.

Everyone thinks GST is a great idea until they perceive they are losing by it. They are not only as hypocritical as they say Gerry Harvey is, but they are stupid if they don't think they are losing by it in many other ways.

Reply to
jg

Real live INCEPTION test on the INTERNATIONAL CRIMINAL COURT

Go watch this video

(audio removed)

iminal-court/

then go sign this petition:

Human Rights for Everyone or Human Rights for No one !

PS. must sign the petition for it to work ;)

Reply to
Kangaroo Court Australia