Re: Renting Hypothetical

>> Suggested activities for Phil Allison: >> 1. See if there's an opening for a counselling or mentoring role for >> troubled >> people in your local community. >> >> 2. See if there's a local under-12 softball team you can offer to coach >> or >> umpire. >> >> 3. Take the nieces and nephews along to Mary Poppins. >> >> 4. Offer to host a family member's child's birthday party. Put up >> streamers and >> blow up balloons and organize the Treasure Hunt and Pin The Tail On The >> Donkey >> for the children. >> > Hi DavidW > > This is why I killfiled him long ago. He is incapable of handling any > situation where an opinion differs from his, or his perception of the > poster having less knowledge than his self-measured standard, without a > hysterical stream of foul language and a direct attack on the person > concerned. You have to be sorry for such a dysfunctional person, or angry > with whoever made him turn out like that. I believe he may some (probably > incomplete) knowledge of electronics and I for one would have asked for > his advice from time to time. But having read the quality of most of his > replies, I think not....

You actually sought advice from Phil Allison?! You must be Dimmer than we thought.

Reply to
Paulie

Phill is not a dill he is just not very nice to people.

Reply to
F Murtz

yaputya

!!

Note tense: '...would have...'

Reply to
Dimmer

Or possibly

Jeßus

I've worked with Autistic people and I'm not sure that description fits. This is more like sheer nastiness. Sometimes these charcateristics have no medical label -- just a commonsense one. But I don't claim to be a medico and may be wrong... Unlike Phil, who is never -- in his own view -- wrong.

Reply to
Dimmer

Apols for spelling (typo)

Reply to
Dimmer

I'm not sure if he is or not - but I do recognise what is familiar behavior to me. My GF's two sons have Aspergers' syndrome (a mild form of autism) - as do I.

I don't off the deep end like our mate Phil does, but one of the GF's sons does in a similar vein to Phil, albeit not quite as extreme. It seems to me to be a case of 'not suffering fools'... only taking it way, WAY too far beyond what is considered reasonable.

Reply to
Jeßus

"Jeßus"

** Drivel.

** Aspergers is a gross form of autism.

The character " Sheldon" on TV's Big Bang Theory is a classic example.

" .... the busses don't go where you live, do they ? "

Magma and Sylvia Else are also classic examples.

Plus 98% of all computer nerds.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Hmm... This analysis is itsekf reasonable. I suppose then it ought to be tolerated as you would someone with a broken leg, and I should take him out of the killfile, but I do object to my peaceful and pleasant home being filled jarred with his foul language and always-right philosophy. Perhaps not, then...

Reply to
Dimmer

Apsergers and Autism are serious conditions that are picked up by doctors during childhood.

But you have some sort of hyperactivity or ASD disorder. No doubt about it.

Reply to
PaulMMM

OK, thanks for that Phil .

Reply to
Jeßus

Problem is, you could make a case for tolerating almost any behaviour with that kind of argument. I guess we have to pick and choose who we tolerate and who we do not :)

Yep...

Reply to
Jeßus

What a load of bullshit that is, unfortunately. I was diagnosed this year, at age 48 (although I'd already realised I had AS for at least two years), it's quite common for people to not get diagnosed until well into middle age or older.

Only in recent years has there been greater awareness... I'll wager the pendulum will swing too far the other way and there'll be plenty of misdiagnoses going on. Just like with ADD et al.

Reply to
Jeßus

Diagnosis is generally made in childhood:

Apparently if this is missed it's difficult to pick it up in adulthood.

Reply to
PaulMMM

Don't worry Paul, it's the AS talking. ;)

Reply to
Dennis

Only recently.

Difficult only in the sense that by that stage most adults give up looking for an explanation as to why they're 'different'.

Reply to
Jeßus

I wondered if somebody would say that...

Reply to
Jeßus

Phill has a lot of useful advice, the problem is getting it without the invective.

Reply to
F Murtz

Just listen to the core advice, the guy has life experience !!

Rheilly

Reply to
Rheilly Phoull